Expolink was already providing the Council’s whistleblowing service.
As a separate facility, Expolink also worked with ECC to develop and set up the Anti-bullying Hotline and Filtering service.
The anti-bullying link line is available by telephone or email. Expolink receive the call (or email contact), reassure the caller, and check basic information before matching the caller with an ECC Anti-bullying Link.
Expolink carried out specific training with their operators on ECC’s agreed framework of responses to ensure a professional and effective service.
How it works
- Find out whether callers are centrally employed ECC staff
- Identify a caller’s location and Directorate (service area)
- Enquire whether the caller believes there is a diversity-related element to the matter, and if so, whether they would prefer a Link who identifies with this, where possible
- The caller is matched with an appropriate Anti-bullying Link from a supplied list, by gaining both parties’ agreement before passing on contact information
- Expolink can advise on the aims and role of the Anti-bullying Link service, to help a caller decide whether they wish to progress the referral
- Where a caller works on ECC premises but is not directly employed by ECC, Expolink can also direct someone to other non-Council support services.