We are writing to update you on how NAVEX Global is responding to the growing threat of the Coronavirus (COVID -19). This planning and response applies to NAVEX Global operations including our Expolink, WhistleB, and Lockpath teams.
Shortly after the COVID-19 outbreak occurred in China, we began reviewing and implementing provisions of our established Pandemic Response Plan which is a part of our overall Business Continuity Plan. The Pandemic Response Plan outlines specific steps NAVEX Global takes to safeguard employees’ health and well-being during a pandemic while ensuring the Company’s ability to maintain essential operations and continue providing essential services to our customers.
In alignment with the threat assessment protocols of the World Health Organization (WHO) and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC), we have activated our Emergency Management Team as outlined in NAVEX Global’s Business Continuity Plan. This team is addressing active and ongoing disease surveillance, workforce protection and management, supply chain management and risks, travel and facility access restrictions, and quarantine measures as defined in our Plan. More specifically:
- We are engaged in active and ongoing monitoring, specifically disease progression, country and WHO responses, supplier and supply chain risks, and prevention and containment measures.
- We have communicated best practices for protecting employee health and implemented employee workstations cleaning requirements. Employees who are ill have been asked to stay home.
- We have implemented employee travel restrictions and are restricting anyone having traveled to or through any restricted countries from entry into any Company facility for 14 days.
- We already have in place systems for remote video meetings and are requiring their further use for ongoing interactions between our offices, and for most customer and business partner meetings.
We also know that our hotline and incident management customers have specific questions on our business continuity plans for Contact Center and reporting operations. While for security reasons we do not share the specific details of our business continuity plans, the following is an overview of key steps related to Contact Center operations.
- Our Pandemic Response Plan classifies our Contact Center Staff as “essential” employees whose jobs are critically important to the Company’s continued core operation of information intake and reporting. Unless circumstances dictate otherwise, the Company expects “essential” personnel to be available and on premises for work during a pandemic. In extreme cases, “essential” personnel may be directed to work from home. This would be considered a situational or episodic telecommute scenario.
- Our Contact Center footprint has multiple locations geographically distanced so that in the event a pandemic became critical in any one location, we are able to shift call volumes in most cases to unaffected alternate sites.
- In the event we become short staffed to handle the volume of calls received, we will apply recorded messaging to our phone system to notice callers that we are experiencing high call volumes. Messaging will state that their call is important to us and ask them to please stay on the line for the next available agent. Messaging will also invite the caller to submit their report on-line via their company’s web-reporting site (powered by NAVEX Global and available for all NAVEX Global customers today).
- It is important to highlight that our on-line reporting systems will always be available as a key reporting option and this system will be supported by our team whether they are working from the office or from home. We encourage all hotline/incident management customers to remind their employees of their available web-reporting options.
The senior management team and Board of Directors of NAVEX Global take the COVID-19 threat seriously and we are taking all reasonable measures to prepare for and mitigate the risk of COVID-19 to our team members, our customers, and our business. We will provide additional updates as the situation warrants.
Thank you for your continued support of NAVEX Global. We wish good health and safety to all our business partners and their employees and families.
President and CEO